Tim and Jeni

About This Culture: Dancing

>> Monday, November 29, 2010

The dancing in the Arab world has a lot of varieties depending on the region. The gulf countries are similar in that the men and women don't dance together. The women only dance in front of women. The men will often dance in a line and swing their canes.

I hope you enjoy some of the videos that we've taken of some dancing! We sure love this culture!




This is a typical cane dance in the Arabian Peninsula.

men dancing from Tim and Jeni Saltzman on Vimeo.



This is a traditional dance that girls do at weddings an other celebrations.

girls dancing from Tim and Jeni Saltzman on Vimeo.



This is one of my favorites!!! The guys are dancing in a circle to very traditional Arabic music. **Toward the end of this video there's a special treat....little Joseph was trying to dance along.**

dancing from Tim and Jeni Saltzman on Vimeo.



This is another one of my favorite dancing videos! This boy is dancing the very traditional way! He performed it for me while I was visiting his mom & sisters! :)

Dancing Mohammed from Tim and Jeni Saltzman on Vimeo.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  November 29, 2010 at 10:55 PM  

Hey its Mohammad! I miss them!! I love the dancing here....the girls video should have "I whip my hair" in the background!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP