Tim and Jeni

NYE in Dubai

>> Thursday, January 3, 2013

For Christmas, Tim and I gave each other a trip to Dubai for New Years Eve! I have been wanting to be there for NYE for a long time. It was good timing for us to get away, so we jumped at the opportunity.

This year, Dubai was boasting about their fireworks display from the Burj Khalifa, tallest building in the world. That made us excited!

We really enjoyed spending time together without the kids. They stayed at Keith & Carie's house. Even though Faith just got stitches, I knew she was in good hands with Carie, a former nurse.


The first thing we did was go to Dubai mall, where we found signs with arrows pointing us to the fireworks. But, first lunch at Red Lobster...yum!!!
















When we walked outside we could feel the excitement in the air about the fireworks show that was going to happen! The plans were to set fireworks off of the building from all the sides!
Here's proof that we were there together!
We scouted out the best place to sit at the base of the Burj in a park!

















We had a nice afternoon being outside together! We read books and played with apps on our phone. Here's one picture I made with an app that was fun!
















As it got dark the park filled up with people and we watched most amazing fountain! I just can't get enough of this fountain! I've always said I could just sit and watch if for hours...so, I was blessed to be able to do just that!











Here's a video of the fountain choreographed to the song "Baba Yetu." It's the Lords Prayer in Swahili. I'm always touched when I watch it!



At 11:30pm there was an extra special fountain show that ended at 12:00. Right at 12:00 the fireworks started! I don't know how to describe it, but it was the most amazing experience to be standing at the base of the tallest building in the world with such amazing fireworks!!!

Here are a few pictures that I found online. I didn't focus on getting great pictures because I wanted to enjoy the experience.































Here's the video!


The next day we were exhausted, but we enjoyed the mall a little more before getting back on a plan to go home. On our way to the airport, I took this picture. I love the Dubai skyline!


1 comments:

Anonymous,  January 12, 2013 at 8:45 PM  

Those are some awesome pictures! It looks so amazing! Now I need to go and see that show! Thanks for letting us watch your kids, we sure love them!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP