Tim and Jeni

Just some thoughts

>> Thursday, January 11, 2018


Last year I read through the entire Bible and this is another goal for 2018. God’s word is packed with so much wonderful truth and I’m excited to read it again and learn more new things! Isn’t it amazing that we can read the same passages again and again and still learn new things? It really proves that God’s word is living and active! 


Today’s reading included Genesis 24-25. God very clearly directed and answered prayers in these two chapters! Isaac’s servant prayed and asked God to make him successful in finding a wife for Isaac. Even before he finished praying, Rebekah came along and offered to give his camels some water. Later, after Isaac had married Rebekah he prayed for her and she became pregnant. I can’t really express how wonderful it is to see clear answers to prayer in Isaac’s life! It doesn’t always feel like we get clear answers to our prayers and that can be discouraging. But, here in this instance, we see answers. God is building my faith by showing me that He DOES answer prayers! In 

Psalm 4:1, David is calling out to God and saying, “Answer me when I call to you, my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; have mercy on me and hear my prayer.” God really wants us to call out to Him and make our requests known to Him. He wants us to to come to Him!! 

The last passage that was in my reading plan for today was Mark 9. A father brings his son to Jesus asking him to heal his son. The exchange between the father and Jesus is pretty incredible. The father said, “…But if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us.” (I can hear the desperation in his voice and can only imagine how difficult it was for this father to watch his son being tormented by an evil spirit.) “‘If you can’?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for the one who believes.” Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!” So much promise here!! God can do amazing things, but He wants us to believe! He wants us to come to Him and know that He WILL work! 

2 comments:

Nammy March 6, 2018 at 7:36 PM  

I loved your blogging and appreciate your insight into the Word.. We love you two!!!

Nammy October 8, 2018 at 12:24 AM  

How encouraging this blog is! I have been up all night talking to God and communing with Him. He has led me to your blog, and it was what I needed to see just now.. I also have begun praying for the specific needs of all my grandchildren each day. God is so Good!!!!!




Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP