Tim and Jeni

Reconnecting With College Friends

>> Saturday, February 26, 2011

Last week we were in Phoenix to visit family and to reconnect with friends from college! Some of these friends we hadn't seen for 9 or 10 years...wow, time sure passes by quickly.

I felt like we were back in college laughing and joking with these friends. The funny thing was there were a bunch of kiddos running around and two of them were mine.

The picture to the right is Tim and his three roommates.


It was fun to see Christian's expressions in his son, Peter. I got a glimpse of Jeremy in his daughter Kaylie. When his son, Keiric smiled Tim and I looked at each other and started laughing....that was Jeremy's smile!! :) At one point Jerry's daughter, Anna, was being silly and all I could think of was how fun and crazy Jerry was in college....so many memories!


This is Jeremy holding our kids and Christian sitting next to him. Jeremy's wife was trying to convince him to adopt from Ethiopia...I'm not sure that these two active kids helped...haha!


Here's a picture of Jojo and Elijah Young (Christian and Aimee's youngest son)...they had a good time together!


Here's Faith with the Young twins....they're about 6 months younger than she is. The three of them were cute together.


Here I am with sweet Wendie....such a precious friend. All I know is that God had me at the right time and place. What a blessing to be a part of her life. :)


Here are the many kids running around at the get-together that Jeremy and Heather hosted. It was lots of fun!


Here are the ladies...such sweet friends! :)



The next day we met up with Jeremy & Amber Peters! Their son, Karsten, and Jojo enjoyed playing Angry Birds and other games.



Faith and I got to sit and talk with Amber. What a treasured friend! :)


Here's the Peters family...it was so neat to be able to hear their heart. I can't wait to hear some Jeremy's music. :)



A few days later we made a day trip to Tuscon to visit the Murrays! I never would have imagined Jerry with three daughters...just like some people would never have imagined us with two African kids! Funny how things end up sometimes! :)

Here's a picture of Anna, Jojo, and Rachel playing Angry Birds. Yes, Jojo introduces the game to everyone he meets.


Jerry & Tim made dinner...this is something else I wouldn't have imagined happening...but it was such tasty chicken alfredo pizza!

Faith warmed up to Cora, who didn't seem to mind holding her! :)

Here's the Murray family...such great friends, even after all these years!


On our way back to Albuquerque we stopped in to have lunch with the Youngs who live in Flagstaff. I'm not sure I would have imagined them with five kids, but it seems so natural. It was fun to get some extra time with them too! 

Christian got out his guitar and asked Tim to give him his next guitar lesson...the first lesson was 11+ years ago.



For those of you who made it all the way through this post...here's a quick video...enjoy:



Video Snapshot from Tim and Jeni Saltzman on Vimeo.

4 comments:

Anonymous,  February 26, 2011 at 9:02 PM  

I love your sweet kids! When Faith wanted to be held I just couldn't resist! It looks like Youngs got new couches since we were there last! :) Thanks for sharing the pictures! ~cora

Jerry Murray,  February 26, 2011 at 9:03 PM  

That was so fun! I hope we get to see you again before you go back. Cora and I were saying how nice it is that no matter how long it is in between seeing each other our friendship is still so fun! Thanks for making the effort to visit! We love you guys!

Anonymous,  February 26, 2011 at 9:10 PM  

I love to see you guys getting loved on by people you know! What a blessing to have such great friends! The kids look great and happy...Angry Birds lives on...

Unknown March 4, 2011 at 8:22 AM  

I wish we could have been there. It looked like lots of fun.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP