Tim and Jeni

Ice Skating

>> Wednesday, February 22, 2012

During this last session of English classes I had the privilege of being involved with a "Community Group." This is a weekly block of time for a group of students to meet with an American to practice their English. I had 6 girls in my group and grew to love each of them. Our last meeting time was on Monday morning.

For our final meeting my group wanted to go ice skating. I had never been ice skating with Arabs before. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time!




Right away I realized that this was a new experience for all of these girls. None of them had been ice skating before.










One of the girls was very brave. She stepped out on to the ice first and quickly started skating into the middle of the ice rink.
I laughed and laughed as this student screamed and then fell. She was laughing so hard, I wondered if she was going to be able to catch her breath! Then she exclaimed, "The ice is hard!" haha!!















The picture below made me laugh!!  


This was where they spent most of their time "ice skating." They stayed close to the wall!!






1 comments:

Anonymous,  February 22, 2012 at 10:58 AM  

Looks like you had an awesome time!! How fun!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP