Tim and Jeni

Our Teenagers

>> Sunday, June 24, 2012

Megan and Jared stayed with us for a few weeks while their parents were in the States. These weeks flew by and I am sad to see them go home now! They leave us tomorrow morning.

I have to admit that I was a little nervous about having teenagers in the house again. (The last time we had teenagers was when the Groves were here.) I don't feel like I'm cool enough for teenagers because I don't understand their language. But Jared and Megan were kind enough to help me out! They used words that I don't typically say. Here are some of the words that I heard from them every day: oh snap, epic, awkward, fail, skyrim, mine craft, trolling, totes, bubbs, broski, chill, hipster and cool story bro. They had fun helping me come up with this list. They also laughed at me trying to use them correctly! haha!!




Megan is so much fun to spend time with! She got me hooked on a couple things: Instagram and So You Think You Can Dance. Here's one of her Instagram photos...isn't she cute in her sheilah? This was taken on the way to the souq one day!

I wasn't going to follow SYTYCD until Megan showed us a few youtubes and now I'm hooked. Joseph and Faith love to watch it, too, while they're trying to do some of the dance moves. So, I spend half of the time watching my kids try to imitate the dancers.







Megan says that you don't "like" pictures on Instagram, you "heart" them. So, we couldn't help but to take our picture together with our heart shirts. By the way, I heart Megan!















Megan was in a school play a few days after coming to stay with us. My kids didn't know what a play was, but they know now. She's a great actress and we all had fun watching her in the play!










We went to the park a couple of times together and one of the times we rode the boat together! Fun times!















Here's a very short video clip of our boat ride:




Here's some fun hanging out pics of the two teens:

Jared




























Megan




























One night we had dinner in the village. Megan and I wore our abaayas.

















Here's a very blurry picture of us eating dinner on the floor!
Jared and Tim went to have dinner with the men in the village. Here's a picture that Tim took.















Megan kept life interesting...she was determined to dye her hair for the last day of school. Here she is with her green hair.
She also wanted to get a dress made for a party she went to. Here she is at the tailor. She drew him a picture of what she wanted and gave him the material. Two days later we picked it up! And it turned out great!!

I don't know why I didn't get a picture of the finished product....oops!








Having Jared around was also interesting! He and Tim played Rocksmith on the Xbox to improve their guitar skills.
He and Tim played a lot of video games together, which they both enjoyed.

Jared showed us some crazy youtubes and now he has my kids singing "Chocolate Rain."










He also informed me that Chuck Norris could do anything. Even Faith started talking about Chuck Norris at the dinner table! Often times he would change the picture on my phone to Chuck Norris' picture...when I would see it I could always turn around and see a smirk on Jared's face. (I like that smirk!)


Jared kept us entertained when we went swimming. Here are a few unedited pictures of Jared underwater.

I'm going to miss having Jared around. He can always make me smile!  

2 comments:

Brandy June 24, 2012 at 10:05 AM  

Looks like you had fun. I love teenagers! Probably why I read so many YA novels. :) You should hang out with them more often. I am going to be teaching a High School English class in our homeschool co-op this year and can't wait.

Anonymous,  June 28, 2012 at 1:12 AM  

Wow! They kept you guys busy!!We can't say thank you enough for watching them for us! We really appreciate you guys so much!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP