Tim and Jeni

Festival At The Sea

>> Sunday, May 26, 2013

We live in a very active community, which is a lot of fun! We can't make it to all of the activities, but we try! The people in this village have really embraced us and they seem to love having us be a part of their activities. It sure makes it easy to love them!

Yesterday afternoon before sunset there was a festival by the sea! I hope you enjoy the pictures we took there.


We see this donkey around the village a lot. Joseph seems to be an animal lover! It's fun to watch him with animals.
There were some booths selling various things. They were playing loud music too!
Faith's favorite part was the trampoline!
The older kids were playing organized games. I was wishing I had taken a picture of the older girls running in their abaayas.
Joseph saw some of his friends from his class!
Here's Faith with her friend from her class. She's also Joseph's teacher's daughter!
Another point of view. There wasn't a ton of games, just a few. But that was my favorite part...it was just our little village.
I just can't get over how beautiful it is at sunset!
The boys are always in the water! Yesterday the tide was extra high!
Jumping on the trampoline with another friend!
Faith with her friend Zahra!
beautiful sunset
Faith was really enjoying playing on the slide with a few of her friends! Fun memories!
I tried to get them all to stop for a second...this was the best one I got! Such sweet girls. I wish I could have taken a picture of all the moms standing around watching. Oh well...you'll just have to imagine it.
Tim caught up with a friend while the kids ran around playing and I talked with other moms.
Joseph got a sling shot. He was so proud of himself for asking the man how much and paying for it by himself.  Ok, I admit...I am proud of him too! He did it in Arabic and he had to push his way to the table.
This is definitely a favorite toy right now! 

1 comments:

Anonymous,  May 26, 2013 at 11:37 PM  

Great job Joseph!! What a fun village you live in! Seems like they are really community related! It is a cool village and the people are so sweet!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP