Tim and Jeni

Celebrating New Births!

>> Saturday, September 7, 2013

There's something really special about visiting people in the hospital when their baby is born. Lately I've had the opportunity to visit 3 babies in the hospital and there's a couple more to be born very soon.
I love doing this! I love being a part of their lives in this way, it's fun! I really enjoy seeing the sisters, mothers, aunts, cousins all celebrating the birth of the new family member! Even dads and grandpas are around sometimes in the hospital room and they're obviously happy!

This sweet boy was born to a sister of one of my close friends! His name is Mohammed and his older brother is named Isa (Arabic for Jesus). It was fun to sit with the sisters and cousins in the hospital room drinking tea and eating chocolates. I really love this family!


This is another sweet baby that I got to meet a few weeks before. Her name is Nebras...a name that I'm not familiar with. Her mother is the daughter of my friend. This family is really great and it's so neat to be able to watch them welcome in the fourth generation to their family!

When the baby was 2 weeks old I went to visit her at home. It's traditional here for a new mother to stay at her mother's house for 40 days after the birth of her baby.











Another baby that I got to visit was a friend of a friend's baby. Melissa's friend had a sweet baby girl! There was a feeling of celebration in the room among the father, grandfather, uncle, and aunt. The new mother was tired, though, because of a long and painful labor. We told her that we'd pray and ask God to heal her.
It's funny...Arab's always feel so free to take our picture! They don't want us to take their picture, though. haha!


Before we left, we prayed that God would bless this baby and her family! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP