Tim and Jeni

April with Arabs

>> Wednesday, April 30, 2014

I'm not sure how, but April ended up being a particularly busy month. It was really good and I'm thankful to look back and recognize that God blessed us in so many ways!

I had so many opportunities to be with my friends in the village this month. It seemed like I was leaving the house wearing my hijab (head covering) a lot. I ended up going to several weddings and even a funeral.


Faith loves to go to weddings with me! One of these days I need to get a video of her describing what happens at a wedding. She is always on the edge of her seat waiting for the bride to come! When she walks in with the beautiful white sparkly dress Faith's eyes are glued to her.
Here's a video that I posted on instagram of Faith and her friends playing at one of the weddings we went to.
Before a different wedding, a friend in the village really wanted to do my make-up. My friend has a salon and does hair & make-up for a living. The problem for her is that she can't find someone who will allow her to use photographs of her make-up. She asked me if I would be willing to sit for a photo shoot so she could use my pictures.
Even though I don't love having a lot of make-up on my face, I was willing to help this friend out.
Here's the final outcome! It was WAY more make-up than I have ever put on my face.

Also, in the month of April, I went to a funeral in the village. I couldn't stop my tears as I watched these women mourn. The young man who died was in his 30s. Hearing the mother's wailing just broke my heart.
This is the entrance to the place where the funeral was held. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP