Tim and Jeni

Easter Party

>> Thursday, May 15, 2014

In the past few years we have had an Easter party  for our Arab friends. This year we were excited to do it again! Every party is different and this one definitely took some unexpected turns. My friends in the village suggested that we have it somewhere other than my house so that more people could come. The search for a different place was a headache, to say the least. In the end, we decided to have it in one of the vacant houses in our compound and it turned out to be a good choice!

It is so fun to see a bunch of Arab ladies enjoying American traditions. Dyeing eggs is something that they have enjoyed at each of the Easter parties.

I LOVE this picture!!! This hand is one of the mothers in our village. She has 10 children and at least 13 grandchildren and even one great-grandchild. She's spunky and fun! I love being with her!
We had boiled a ton of eggs and somehow they were all colored!

Here's a cute pic of Faith and one of her classmates! So sweet!

Joseph and Faith both took turns telling their part of John 20.
After Joseph and Faith told John 20 in English, it was my turn to read it in Arabic. It's something that I had been practicing...it's not easy to read in Arabic!
It's funny...this picture makes it look like everyone was listening and it was a quiet room. The reality was that there were a lot of kids running in and out and babies crying. Thankfully, we had a speaker!
I wish I could post picture of my Arab friends' faces. This picture gives an idea. All of the ladies who came were so kind and said that they really enjoyed it a lot!
One of my friends posted this collage on Instagram after the party.  

1 comments:

Gloria (Mom),  May 7, 2015 at 9:29 AM  

I know the Joy of seeing the ladies listen to the Bible being read with great interest! God is in control and He loves each one of them. And I love them too. And we love you both too, for obeying His voice.
Mom and Dad

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP