Tim and Jeni

Recap of March

>> Monday, March 30, 2015

I can't believe tomorrow is the last day of March already! This month has flown by, but it's been a great month! It was an entire month of being home and jumping into our life. We've had a lot of great family time, which has been a blessing.

Below are a few pictures and stories of what our life has looked like this month. Hopefully this can give me a jump start and I can get back into updating this blog regularly.








March 10th was my birthday! We went out to dinner as a family at a hibachi grill. It was a really special day and a wonderful dinner!

This was my birthday cake made with fried rice.

The day after my birthday I had some American friends over to my house to do henna. I love getting henna!
We did henna because we went to a wedding the following night for a dear friend. She was beautiful! We loved that she combined her wedding party with local traditions. It was very fun to see her in her traditional dress first and then later her white dress.
Faith LOVES weddings too! Her favorite part of this wedding was picking up money that was thrown on the ground. She was one very happy girl!
Here's a fun selfie with Melissa!
At the end of the wedding our friend wanted all of us Americans to come take a picture with her and her husband. Later she texted the picture to me.  
This month has been some rainy weather along with some amazing weather. When it's been nice, the kids and I have tried to go walking. Usually we end up going while Tim is at work. He has been teaching a class in the afternoons lately.
I've been able to visit a few new babies that have been born. This baby girl is already 3 months old, but it was the first time I had gotten to see her.

I didn't take any pictures of a couple of other babies I have visited. They are very nervous about people seeing their baby and getting jealous. Many people believe that this can cause bad things to happen to their baby.
This month has been packed full of homeschooling. We have gotten behind because of traveling so much. But, we're getting caught up and we accomplished so much this month!
We've had good days and rough days, but it's so worth it to see how much they're learning. I tell my Arab friends all the time how much these two are benefiting from having the one-on-one attention.
The kids have been listening to John 20 as we get closer to Easter. They sure know the story well!
They are practicing their handwriting in many ways. One way is writing verses. This is one of the first verses they ever learned: Romans 4:25.
Both Joseph and Faith are hard workers! I love teaching them! They get so much satisfaction from doing a good job. It's fun to watch them grow and learn so much. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP