Tim and Jeni

A Quilt for Megan

>> Monday, September 3, 2012

I haven't been sure how to start this post about Megan. I love that girl so much and she's such a part of our family here that I don't want to admit that she's moving away from us. 

She is going to boarding school and I know she'll love it there! She's going to have so much fun living with a bunch of girls her age! 


I did my best to make sure that she wouldn't forget us! I had been so excited to make a quilt for her. She picked it out when I showed her a few pictures a few months ago. 

Life got busy, like it always does and so I didn't really get started on it until Ramadan. But, I was SO THANKFUL to have this project to keep me occupied during Ramadan. This is time of year that my Arab friends don't generally want to visit with me. They become very focused on their family time and on their religion. So, I back away and give them some space. 

Here are some pictures of the quilting process: 
































This is the finished product: 



Here's how Megan reacted when she opened it:


And just for fun...here's some crazy pictures that she left on my camera! 




1 comments:

Anonymous,  September 9, 2012 at 10:33 PM  

Oh Megan....I love those pictures and I love that you love my girl so much! Thank you Jeni for making her that awesome quilt and making her feel so special!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP