Tim and Jeni

Jordan

>> Thursday, September 6, 2012


Last weekend I (Jeni) took a quick trip to Jordan! I was gone for three days and it was a nice get-away!

Jordan is still the Middle East, but it has a different feel than the Gulf. Jordan, Lebanon, Syria and Palestine are all considered a part of the Levant Region of the Middle East.

The plane ride was a little less than 3 hours long. It is amazing how relaxing it is to travel without kids! I enjoyed reading and journaling on the trip!




It was so nice to see hills and green trees! I didn't realize that I miss seeing these things until I found myself snapping lots of pictures. God's creation is just so beautiful!









I had a great time visiting some new friends! Their sweet little 2 year old boy is so much fun! Being with him makes me realize how fast the time goes with kids...my kids have really changed so much. Two year olds are so much fun!















We went to an archeological site of an ancient city named Jerash. It was really cool to walk the streets and see the columns. The city gate was really amazing too!






2 comments:

Anonymous,  September 9, 2012 at 10:41 PM  

What a fun trip! I'm glad you got to go and see your friends! Looks like you had fun!

Barbara Walker October 2, 2012 at 12:37 PM  

I think of you, Jeni, when I look out over Arvada and see our 'tree-packed' city. I am glad that you got to go and be around some greenery for a few days.

Katie and I did a lot of biology this morning (with the plant vs. animal cells) and now she needs me to correct her Easy Grammar assignment. We get to go tour a retirement home with my mother, after that. You know it's one of those 'too quiet' days, when I am SO excited about going to visit a...nursing home. (It's an amazing thing that an extrovert like me is even able to homeschool.)
Katie told us that one of the highlights of last summer, for her, was when some friends of ours took us bowling. In your picture, the mural Tim and Joseph are standing in front of beats anything I've seen in Colorado's bowling alleys. It's great!

Remember how sensitive our Annie was when you taught her, back in Kndg.? I suspect that she'll always have a lots of emotions to try and manage, but I am thankful to be able to tell you that she is learning how to make use of: guitar-playing, singing, writing, and drama as much-needed artistic outlets. In last summer's play, Seussical, she had a chance to work with a team of other young people, which is a healthy thing, isn't it?
We have such fond memories of you, "Mrs. Saltzman"!
Barbara Walker

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP