Tim and Jeni

Easter Reading

>> Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Saturday after Easter we had an "Easter Reading" for ladies and children from our village. We also invited other Arab friends, so it was a mixed group.

Gathering to sit and listen to a "reading" is normal for our Muslim friends. This wasn't strange at all for them. I had practiced reading Mark 15:42-16:14 in Arabic for a couple of weeks leading up to this event.

Before We sat down for the reading, we colored eggs and gave out Easter Baskets. The children found eggs that we had hidden in the yard! It was such a fun, memorable time!


Here's the invite that a friend helped me to write in Arabic.
Here's a fun picture of the kids dyeing the eggs. It was really fun for them. The mothers and grandmothers even got into dyeing the eggs. It's something new and exciting for them!
These three boys are cousins!
Here's a picture of Faith with her friend Maryam. Maryam is two years younger than Faith, but almost as tall as she is!
The two boys dressed the same are twins. They're in Joseph's class at the preschool.
Here's another picture of the kids counting the eggs that they found in the yard!
Here's a picture of me reading the Easter story from the Arabic Bible. My favorite part of this picture is Faith sitting at my feet...goggles on her head and enjoying a juice.
This picture was posted by one of my friends on Instagram. She was showing all of her friends the gifts that we gave out!
I liked this random picture of the Easter Egg dyeing that another friend posted on Instagram.


3 comments:

Nammy April 23, 2013 at 5:38 AM  

What a wonderful time with Friends of two generations. I would have loved to be a part of your group, especially at the reading. We actually are there in Spirit! WE LOVE YOU ALL!
Nammy

Anonymous,  April 23, 2013 at 9:58 PM  

I love that last picture of you! This is such a cool thing that you guys did and it is so cool that so many women and kids heard the Truth!!

Barbara Walker April 29, 2013 at 12:12 PM  

What beautiful pictures of Easter eggs! (This year, our Easter eggs came out more 'blotchy''than yours did.)

I agree with Nammy's comment: I, too, was there in Spirit. When I looked at that one picture, I was excited to see you, there, in a room filled with our birka-clad friends.
Barbara

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP