Tim and Jeni

Shrimp

>> Saturday, April 21, 2012

This week when I was at the park by the sea I met some new friends who live in our village. As we were talking we saw a boat pull up with big coolers. They unloaded the coolers and went out again. The ladies told me that they are catching shrimp. So I asked if they sell the shrimp.

The next morning at 6:45am shacking head in disbelief smiley, I got a call from my new friend who said, "How many kilos of shrimp do you want?" I told her I'd take 1 kilo and she said I could come pick it up at 9:00am. 


This was the start of my shrimp adventure! rolling smiley



This is what the shrimp looked like when I opened the bag. Thankfully I paid half of that price because I bought it straight from the fishermen...the shrimp didn't go to a store. 


But, seriously, they were staring at me!!! 


My friend told me to cut off their heads, remove the shells, and devein them. Don't tell her that I thought it was the grossest thing ever!!! blagh! smiley 
Here's the whole shrimp in the bag.












They were all slimey and gross.

 Here are all of the cleaned, shelled shrimp. I was glad to do the nasty part the night before. I couldn't have gone straight from shelling them to eating them! smiley
The next day we had Shrimp Scampi for lunch! It was really good!! I think I just might do that again! laughing smiley





















A couple days later we saw the same thing happening at the park. Here's a video of what we saw:

3 comments:

-A. April 21, 2012 at 6:30 AM  

Hahaha, ick! You can think of me in early July when we're butchering chickens! Not looking forward to that!

Anonymous,  April 22, 2012 at 2:38 AM  

Awesome!! That shrimp looked awesome!! Maybe you could buy a couple kilo for me??? That is so cool!

Sarah Jacobson June 7, 2012 at 7:23 PM  

You are one brave woman. Brave.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP