Tim and Jeni

Trip to Kyrgyzstan

>> Monday, April 9, 2012

Last week week I took a trip all by myself to a homeschool conference. There aren't a lot of opportunities like this over here, so I was excited!

This conference was scheduled to be in Kyrgyzstan. I had heard the name of this country, but I didn't know where it was. I started looking up airlines that fly to Bishkek and decided to go with FlyDubai.









I was really glad to be able to fly because driving there would be kind of tricky...

I in order to drive there I would have to go through Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, and Tajikistan.

I would much rather fly over Iran and Afghanistan than drive! :)










I stayed in a hotel by myself and was so thankful to have some quiet time for reflection and rest!
The view of the snow capped mountains from my hotel was stunning! It was such a treat for me since I grew up in Colorado and often miss seeing the mountains.
The conference was held at this small private school. It was pretty small, but very beneficial. I'm so glad that I went!
One afternoon I went up to the mountains with a few other friends from the conference. The ice cold air, the magnificent view, and the smell of rain were very refreshing!
I couldn't believe I was seeing snow!
This picture is proof that I really was there!
I didn't do any shopping, but I found these fun traditional hats at the airport. I bought one for Joseph & Faith. They love wearing it!

I enjoyed one last look at the snow on the mountain peaks as I flew over them!













These mountains are just one more example of how awesome and creative God is!

4 comments:

Anonymous,  April 9, 2012 at 10:43 AM  

what a nice looking hotel room!! The mountains look beautiful too!! You don't look all that glad to be there in the SNOW!!!

Brandy April 10, 2012 at 7:44 PM  

How pretty. And the hotel room looks lovely. And quiet.

Rachel April 13, 2012 at 12:17 PM  

I want to come next time!!! Glad it was a good trip and that you were able to get some rest and enjoy your trip!

Barbara Walker,  July 22, 2012 at 5:11 PM  

Jeni-Just now saw your posting re. the home school conference. And I thought Aurora was a long way to go to attend a conference...
Have you ever heard of currclick.com? A friend of mine who currently resides in Ukraine (and also home schools) told me about it.
Annie is now in a full time high school program--and doing very well. Since you were her Kndg. teacher, thank you! Katie is at HOPE two days/week while home schooling the other three. Katie and I enjoyed learning map skills before summer vacation. Katie enjoys English Grammar, which frequently amazes me. (I know most people could care less what prepositional phrase is!) Katie continues to face challenges with learning, but she delights us with 'autism recovery breakthroughs' at random moments, as well. We know who to thank for those., don't we?
Give yourself time, Jeni. I've heard that we who used to teach other children can be especially hard on ourselves as we embark on the new adventure of the home school. I've been 'stumbling through' this adventure for eleven years, now. (It gave me a chance to become more a fan of math and history than I was the first time around.)
Love,
Barbara

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP