Tim and Jeni

Layover

>> Monday, April 9, 2012

I started to feel more at home as soon as I looked out of the plane window and saw sand! Before getting home, though, I had a long layover in another country.

I was so blessed to be able to catch up with some friends that we hadn't been able to see in about 6 months! 









The last time that I got to see Jon & Ginger was in Turkey...they're such good friends! What a special blessing it was to be able to spend the day with them!













It happened to be Anna Grace's fourth birthday party! How fun that I got to be there to celebrate with them! 

















I was fortunate to be able to catch up with a couple of other families at the party.













We first met Marcus & Paula when we were in Language School studying Arabic. That was BK (before kids) and in some ways seems like a lifetime ago! 

So much has changed for both of our families. They prayed with us through the adoption process from beginning to end. Their oldest daughter is the same age as Faith so we watched their family grow as well!













I had been able to meet their oldest daughter, Raylee. But I hadn't met their newest baby, Noelle, who was born in December. 













Another family that I was excited to see has also adopted from Ethiopia. Our family got to meet the parents about a year and a half ago. That was before they adopted these two precious kiddos! 

We've been in touch through email a lot, but it was so fulfilling to be able to meet these precious children! Have I mentioned that I love adoption!?!












Both of their kids are precious gifts from God, but their little boy sure reminds me of Joseph! 











1 comments:

Anonymous,  April 9, 2012 at 10:47 AM  

I'm so glad you got to spend time with your friends! Their son totally looks like Joseph! How funny!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP