Tim and Jeni

tomatoes

>> Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Last week Faith and I went to one of my Arab friends' farm. It was really huge and there are lots of vegetables as well as animals. They were really proud to be able to show us their family farm!











Here are some more pictures from the farm:




























I was surprised with their gift of tomatoes! They put them in the back of my car for me, so I didn't realize until I got home that there were about 50 pounds of tomatoes! It took me a few days to decide what to do with all of the tomatoes. I ended up making spaghetti sauce. It was a lot of work, but it sure tasted good!





























While I was making the spaghetti sauce I started getting sentimental. The smell throughout my house made me remember that my mom used to make her own spaghetti sauce. Her father, my grandpa, was Italian and so she had grown up eating homemade Italian food.

I started looking through pictures and I even found a picture of my mom making her spaghetti sauce.






















Then I found a picture of me and my Italian grandpa! Aww! This picture was taken around 1982...I must have been 3 or 4 years old.




1 comments:

Anonymous,  May 8, 2012 at 9:10 PM  

Wow! I'm gonna have to start calling you Martha!! Maybe you can teach me how to make sauce? That would be awesome!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP