Tim and Jeni

Our New Pets!

>> Friday, May 4, 2012

This week we got two birds for pets! I have been wanting to have birds because I had one when I was a kid and it was a lot of fun! Tim has been hesitant about it, but he's warmed up to them already!

Birds are a very common pet among our Arab friends. Just a couple days ago we saw a boy walking around the village with a bird on his shoulder!

I met a new Arab friend at a local souq (market) where she helped me pick out and buy the birds! This friend has a lot of small birds as well as a big parrot. Most families have a bird and I've heard of a lot of parrots that speak Arabic! I have yet to hear a bird greet me in Arabic, but I hope to soon!






Faith went with me to get the birds and to visit with my friends! It was a fun experience! I love watching Arabs bargain...it's almost comical. After arguing with the store keeper they finally said, "We don't want the cage!" I was thinking, "yes I do!" Then my friends told me that they have one at their house that they would give me.

So, here we are in this picture at the pet shop with our birds in a paper bag! haha! 

1 comments:

Anonymous,  May 5, 2012 at 9:49 PM  

Cute little lovebirds!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP