Tim and Jeni

Thankful for nice parks

>> Saturday, November 2, 2019

We are getting used to a new city in a new country. Everything seems different and it's a lot to get used to. In some ways it's fun and exciting and in some ways it just feels weird. It's very slowly starting to feel like home.

Now that the weather is starting to cool down, we're able to get outside more. During the summer it's so hot that just walking outside feels like you're in an oven. So, being able to be outside feels like such a gift!

There's a few really nice parks in our city and I'm excited to go to them! The one in the picture is 5 minutes from our house. We've driven by it so many times, but no one has been there since it's been so hot. This weekend we went to the park one evening as a family and there were families hanging out together. Some families were grilling, some riding bikes, some walking and many just sitting on a mat enjoying some tea.

I went by myself this morning (which I hope to do often during the cooler weather) and walked around. Since it was a Saturday, there were a few families there on their mats having breakfast together. I loved seeing the families together as I was walking and listening to a podcast. I'm so thankful for this park that's so inviting for families to come and spend time outside together! I'm looking forward to many more evenings and mornings there! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP