Tim and Jeni

Thankful for our American citizenship

>> Thursday, November 7, 2019

I'm thankful for our American citizenship! We have freedoms as Americans (even living overseas) that so many people take for granted. I love our country and count myself blessed to have been born and raised there.
When Joseph and Faith were adopted they automatically became American citizens through parentage. As soon as they crossed U.S. soil, they were Americans. What a gift they've been given! Even though Eve was born in the Middle East, all we had to do to get her U.S. passport was make an appearance at the U.S. Embassy.
Sometimes I think about how this is a picture of our spiritual citizenship that's in heaven only because of our Father. We are given a new citizenship when we trust Jesus as our savior. In that moment, we get a new identity! That's something I never want to take for granted. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP