Tim and Jeni

Thankfulness for Adoption

>> Saturday, November 3, 2012

I really love the fact that November is National Adoption Month! For me, adoption and thankfulness go hand in hand. I'm incredibly thankful for the opportunities that Tim and I have had to be able to adopt Joseph and Faith!

This picture is our first picture as a family of four...every time I see it, I'm filled with gratefulness for the perfect way that God has built our family!


Today at our church we listened to a wonderful sermon by John Piper about adoption. I love the picture of adoption and how it relates to our spiritual adoption into God's family. Because of Christ, I have the right to be called God's child. I get to call God "Daddy!" It's so amazing to me that I'm an heir with Christ...something I'm sure I won't completely comprehend until I get to heaven!

I'm so humbled that he saved me from my sinful state, even though I didn't deserve it. Romans 5:8 is one of my favorite verses "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." I didn't even realize that I needed salvation! Just like Joseph and Faith didn't even know that they needed to be saved from their very bad situation...abandoned, sick, and deep in poverty. But, praise be to God that they are no longer orphans!

Francis Chan explains it well in this video clip advocating for Orphan Sunday, which is this coming Sunday:



This is another great video that I love about adoption from John Piper:

1 comments:

Anonymous,  November 7, 2012 at 12:47 AM  

I'm thankful for the adoptions in your life too because it brought Joseph and Faith into my life!! I love your kids!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP