Tim and Jeni

Thankfulness for symbolism

>> Saturday, November 24, 2012

I just read The Legend of the Three Trees to Joseph and Faith. I'm thankful that so many things point to Christ! I love this story about how 3 trees were used in Christ's life in different ways!

As we prepare to put up our Christmas tree I was touched especially by how the pine tree dreamed of pointing people to God. In the end this tree was used to make the cross that Jesus died on. The cross is an amazing symbol of God's great love in sacrificing His son to die in our place.

During the Christmas season we celebrate Christ's birth and His life. But, ultimately, he came to die to pay for our sins and be raised again to make us right with God. (Rom 4:25)

Joseph and Faith have been watching Prince of Egypt, or "Princess of Egypt," as Faith calls it. They've been talking about it nonstop and this story is so rich with symbolism. They really grasp the symbols and talk about their meanings.  The idea of the lamb's blood on the door posts protecting the Israelites from the angel of death seems to resonate with them. I love how their child-like faith helps them to understand that Christ died in our place on the cross - just as the picture of the lamb who died in the place of the Israelites.

On Thursday, Thanksgiving, we took communion. I love how powerful these symbols are! This was the first time for Joseph and Faith to take communion and they were really into it. The loved taking part of the Lord's Supper! My heart is filled with thankfulness because my kids both love Jesus so much. They have both recently and at separate times chosen to become followers of Jesus! This is something I've longed for and I've prayed that God would bring them to salvation. What a wonderful answer to prayer!!





1 comments:

Anonymous,  November 26, 2012 at 4:39 AM  

I love to watch Prince of Egypt! God has made His creation as a symbol of His power and His love. We just have to look and see it.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP