Tim and Jeni

Thankfulness for my kids

>> Tuesday, November 13, 2012





I love kids! I always have! When I was 13 I started babysitting and I loved it. As soon as I turned 16 I got a job working at a preschool and worked there until I graduated from college. (I worked there when I was home for the summers.) During college I worked at a preschool and a daycare. After college I taught for 6 years in elementary school. I haven't been able to stay away from kids!


Through the years of teaching preschool and elementary school I have loved a lot of children. I knew that having my own children would change things for me. My love for Joseph and Faith is unlike other kids. Like I tell my Arab friends, “it's as if they're from my blood.” (كانهم من دمي) I had no idea that I could love any kids quite like this! 

What a privilege to watch them both grow and learn! I love to hear their perspective. They think out loud and I love to hear their thoughts about things. It's always sobering to hear them say and do things the way I do. They're always watching and reproducing what they see. 




There are so many things that I love about each of them! Both of them have outgoing, fun loving personalities. Joseph is more extroverted, though, maybe more than anyone I've ever known. He's never afraid to approach someone new and say hello. He doesn't like to be by himself. If he's doing something he thinks is fun he will invite us to join him saying, "come enjoy the fun!" He is all boy and loves life!

Faith is very girly and loves everything pink! She is always ready to laugh and play. I love her laugh! If someone is having fun, Faith is ready to join in. That's what's cool, these two go so well together. Joseph is such a leader and always organizing some fun and Faith is along for the ride! 


When it comes to my kids, my heart is filled with thankfulness! 

2 comments:

Anonymous,  November 13, 2012 at 7:33 AM  

Your kids are awesome, because you raised them to be respectful kids that love people and love God!!! You and Tim are great parents with great kids!

Anonymous,  November 26, 2012 at 12:44 PM  

So sweet. All of you are so blessed to have found such a special love.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP