Tim and Jeni

Thankfulness for Carie

>> Monday, November 26, 2012

I have so many reasons to be thankful for my wonderful friend Carie! The reason that she gets a special post is because she is always so faithful to make sweet comments on my blog...and it means so much to me.

I met her when I moved overseas in 2006. I've got so many memories with her! Most of my memories include being really dorky and laughing together. Sometimes we can get serious, though, and talk about deep things! I really appreciate how well she listens and gives honest feedback.

This picture of us was taken when we took a trip to Jordan together in April, 2007. So much has happened in both of our lives since then! That was before she had teenagers and before I had kids.


She's a faithful friend and I know I can always count on her. She'll do anything....anything! Including cut Joseph's hair, even though she likes it long. She has kept my kids overnight at her house before. She loves my kids as if they were her own family. She spoils them and also helps keep them in line.

She's a great example for me as I've stepped into motherhood. I've called her many times asking, "why did you let me become a mom?" She always reassures me saying, "you can get through this!" Sometimes when I'm dealing with my kids I'll look up and see Carie smiling. She says, "I remember those days." That's when I send Joseph and Faith to go sit on her lap.

Carie's encouraging words always mean so much to me. She always has nice things to tell me and I'm so thankful for that. She has a great way of helping me see positives and encouraging me to keep doing the things that I'm doing well.

My heart is filled with thankfulness for my friendship with Carie over the last six years. I'm looking forward to many more years of friendship with her!


1 comments:

Anonymous,  November 26, 2012 at 10:52 AM  

I'm crying....because I'm the lucky one....!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP