Tim and Jeni

Thankfulness for my history with God

>> Thursday, November 8, 2012

This morning when I woke up, I felt like God was reminding me of His faithfulness in my life. I love it when He does this! When I look back and see how God has been so faithful to me through the years, it helps me to know that He will be faithful today and in the future. I can trust Him for today because I have trusted him in the past!

I became a Christian when I was 13 years old. (In this picture of me, I'm a little younger than 13.) My dad had become a Christian a few years before that and I watched him change.
I saw how much joy it brought him!

I knew that I had sin in my life and needed to be saved from it. I remember singing "create in me a clean heart"a traditional song from Psalm 51. It's at that moment that I asked Jesus to be my savior! I felt the Holy Spirit and I knew that my heart was indeed clean, my sins were washed away by Christ's blood! That was only the beginning.

I am so thankful that I have history with God. I love to think back on how God has been my best friend since I was a teenager. He filled my loneliness and carried my burdens. He's given me purpose!

I can see God's hand in my life over the years:

  • When I was in high school He showed me that His love is perfect. He healed my broken heart and renewed my hope.
  • He carried me through the college years when I was overwhelmed with my studies. I begged God to make me mature in my faith and I grew so much during those four years.
  • He provided a wonderful husband to journey alongside. (My thankfulness for Tim deserves a blog by itself. Stay tuned.)
  • It's only in His strength that I was able to teach elementary school and get my masters degree!
  • He has stored up my tears through the heartbreaking time of infertility.
  • He proved his faithfulness in Arabic language school by miraculously giving me understanding of this language.
  • Our adoption journey is another testament of God's faithfulness. He stretched our faith so much during this time...hence our daughter's name. 
  • God has been faithful to lead us in parenting these two precious kids. The responsibility that we have is huge and we could only do it with God's help! 
  • Living in the Middle East has proved to be very challenging at times and God has walked with us and guided us along the way. 

These are just some of the major milestones that God has been so faithful. He has also proved his faithfulness to me in the day to day details of life. I'm thankful for God's faithfulness!

This song by Nichole Nordeman has really blessed me many times! She words it so well. In each season of life, God comes alongside. He says, "I Am."

1 comments:

Anonymous,  November 10, 2012 at 6:13 AM  

I am so glad that your journey brought you to the island! I can see your thankfulness for what God has done for you and it encourages me!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP