Tim and Jeni

Thankfulness for discipline

>> Monday, November 5, 2012

This morning I woke up in pain with another headache. I have to admit that my first response is frustration, not a humble submission to God's sovereignty in my life. There's something humiliating about having chronic headaches. I end up being so dependent on Tim to take care of me and the kids. I like to be independent and I love taking care of my kids. Laying on the couch, flat on my back, isn't the way that I want to spend my day. 

But, God is good to use His Word to show me what He's doing. When I opened up my Bible app today's verse of the day is: 1 Peter 5:6 "Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time." 

I knew he was going to speak to my heart, so I listened. He led me to Hebrews 12, the discipline chapter. Heb 12:12 stood out to me that I should endure this hardship as discipline. It's comforting to know that God sees me as his child and that's why he disciplines me. He does it out of love for me and to repair our relationship. 

He pointed out my pridefulness in thinking that I am strong and independent. My eyes need to be fixed on Jesus (Hebrews 12:2) not on the things I want to accomplish. He wants my full attention. He wants me to rest in Him. 

So today I am resting in His forgiveness and His grace. And, for this, my heart is filled with thankfulness. 


1 comments:

Anonymous,  November 7, 2012 at 12:53 AM  

I'm sorry you continue to have headaches and that they are so bad that you are flat on your back! I will continue to pray for you!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP